Monday, September 28, 2009

Fruits of Our Labor

36 apples from our own yard+ several hours of work= 7 pints of delicious apple butter
(p.s. if anyone has a hankering for apples or pears let us know)


(p.p.s. if anyone has a hankering for a kitten, also let us know)

9 comments:

Melissa S. said...

WOW, I'll take some pears :) but not a kitten, please not a kitten for I am overrun already

Gabe said...

Wow! That is a lot of apples and pears. They would make a lot of juice and applesauce. I'm not sure what good the kitten would do me though... keep my little guy company?

life in red shoes said...

What kind of apples do you have? Sweet, tart?

Leigh said...

Melissa, the pears come with a kitten...sorry!

Shanny, a kitten would do you a lot of good. I have one picked out for you already.

Brie's mom (can you believe I still call you that?) we have three apple trees. We have macintosh apples, some tiny yellow ones that are tart, and some big sweet ones. They produced so much friut this year!

{B} said...

mmmmm, pears and kittens. :)

I might take you up on the pears and apples!

Tonya Bennett said...

Yummy. We've been canning peaches and pears the last couple of days. It's so much work, but I'll be glad this winter to have them. I haven't done any apples yet but I was thinking about it! Grandma Willie lives down the street from my parents and she has an apple tree. If I lived closer I would take some of yours.

life in red shoes said...

Leigh, if Brie comes up this weekend to get the girls I will certainly take some apples! I like the mac's and perhaps some of the tart yellows.

Gabe said...

Ooooh, which kitten is it? Does it have a name? Is it sneaky enough that it can live in my house without Mike knowing?

Leigh said...

Brie's mom, I would be happy to send somoe apples home with Brie. About how many apples would you like?

Brie, I guess I let you have some pears and apples without the kitten if you'd like.

Shanny, only one kitten has a name so far and his name is Magoon (long story, and only slightly interesting.)Magoon is fat and not sneaky at all!

Tonya, I didn't know your Grandma Willie lives in Powell. Is that new or am I just oblivious (I thought she lived in like AZ.) I agree, canning is a pain but kind of fun too. We'll be way glad we did this winter, dining on our delicious produce.