Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snapshots

For what seemed like the first time in an eternity, the sun was shining and the thermometer climbed ever so slightly above freezing. Considering the foggy ugliness of this winter, it was a welcome change and we decided we really ought to head to Idaho. Of course we had to go to "Adventure's First Stop" to acquire some much needed goods first. Our bellies full of nachos and hot dogs, we headed north. As we drove along, The Faint caressing our ears, we discussed where the day should take us. We contemplated heading northwest to the creepy little hamlet of Oxford, but decided we might end up hanging from a meat hook in a damp cellar before the day was through if we stopped there... So we turned to the east, and the quirky little town of Mink Creek. Along the way we were greeted by some rather large deer, a smattering of hawks, a herd of turkeys, and several pheasant. I guess we weren't the only ones enjoying the sunshine today. Here are some snapshots from along the way:


















Soundtrack: Sun Kil Moon Ghosts of the Great Highway, The Faint Fasciinatiion, The Fleet Foxes Ragged Wood.

Feed Bag: Mountain Dew, Bahama Mama, Nachos (with fake cheese), Caramello, & Hot Tamales.

1 comment:

Melissa S. said...

I saw those pictures on Greg's facebook and how sad that I knew where you traveled because I saw the picture of the school? How did you make the pictures look all cool and old?