Sunday, January 31, 2010

Treasures

At the D.I. yesterday the cashier randomly asked, "What is your favorite place in the world?" I was caught a little off guard and blurted out, "The D. I." Now that I've had some time to think over the question, my answer would still be the Deseret Industries. I found scads of treasures there last week. On Tuesday, with my good friend Amy, I found some butt-ugly picture frames which later turned into this:


On Wednesday, with my new/old friend Janette, I found these little darlings:



Yesterday, with my buddy Greggers, I discovered the tacky treasures pictured below:



which became these little lovelies:



(new home for my new doilie)

and how could I say no to this sweet little blue vase...


or this adorable white vase...


...exactly, I couldn't.

I can't deny it, my favorite place in the world really is the D.I.

8 comments:

Melissa S. said...

When I get a house one day I need you to come decorate it! Love your vision, I so don't ever see what you see when I look at tacky...I just see tacky! Very impressive :)

Melissa S. said...

Oh, and I so think my mom has that same white vase...I remember it from when we were kids.

Melanie said...

LADY! YOU ARE SO DANG CREATIVE! I love reading your blog, and I am feeling inspired to find some treasures and make some cute v-day decorations...

Amber said...

Oh, I love. Now can you come to Chicago and decorate my place? That's all I'm askin'.

Love, love, love!

Leigh said...

Melanie, thanks for the kind words. Good luck on your Valentine's treasures, post photos on facebook so I can admire them!

Melissa and Amber, you guys are so sweet, thanks for making me feel special! However, I know for a fact neither of you need decorating advice from me.

Melissa, are you telling me Sharon has been holding out on me this whole time?

Janette said...

I'm amazed! If you're a grandma, you can be mine any day. Look at all those cute and creative ideas. Leigh, you're the coolest.

Melissa S. said...

I'm sure Sharon has all kinds of delicious treats hidden in that house of hers...of course Toria said her mom has that vase too (must have been a 70's special) We've gotta do some fun treasure hunting when I come up!

Leigh said...

Thanks "We are" you're too nice! I'd love to be your grandma (although I'm not sure I actually know who you are...)

Melissa: Toria's mom had that vase too? What's wrong with my silly mom? By the way, I'd be delighted to treasure hunt with you.