Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An old lady in a young lady's body

My friend Joy called me an old lady in a young lady's body today. I took it as a compliment. I collect buttons, fabric, quilts, dishes, coasters, miniature houses, hand towels (lame stuff like that.) Well, recently I decided I need to make my own buttons. This desire lead me to enlist the help of my friend Jared (the shop teacher at my school.) Jared and I discussed the process of making glass buttons... the next thing I know, he's created a wonderful button making contraption for me. Check it out...

8 comments:

Amber said...

This is so funny because I've always felt that I was a an 80 year old in a 20 somthing body as well.

Button making? Amazed.
Seriously!

Leigh said...

Greg is the same way.

Melissa S. said...

Weird, I still can't see the video on my computer....but I think your machine is cool! Nice to have access to the shop people :)

Leigh said...

Try looking it up on you tube under lampworking monster machine. How are the baby kitties?

Kaycie said...

I always knew you were awesome. I want to see the finished product.

Leigh said...

Awesome because I'm really an old lady, because I have a have a sewing machine-drill, or because I have an original Aladar plush? By the way, I still need to re-record his voice.

Melissa S. said...

It's gotta be blocked on my work computer because it works just fine from home...stupid bank trying to keep their computers safe ;)

{B} said...

At least you aren't a young lady in an old lady's body...that's just creepy and uncalled for. :)