Pretend you live in a small town in northern Utah and you have your father-in-law visiting from the east coast...what would you do to entertain him? Well first you find out what his favorite treat is (fudge)... and you buy that (because you have no idea how to make it.) Next you get tickets for a live production to showcase the the local talent (Martin Harris pageant)... and you hope the weather holds up. Now its time to consider all the natural wonders in your area (hot springs, geysers, huge lakes)... and decide which one will wow him the most. Throw in some delicious meals and homemade bread and there you have it... a delightful trip and a happy father-in-law!
Bear Lake

Melissa and Dad

Diamond Studded Glasses

Creative Dad

Cute House in Bear Lake

5 comments:
LOVE that house. Everytime I go I want to steal it. I'd take a day-cation to Bear Lake but remember what happened last time? :)
I was having flashbacks to that wonderful day-cation!
Yeah way to suck up to the old man ;-) It was so fun, too bad Greg had to miss out. See ya again tomorrow for some yummy berry picking
I'm way excited to pick hukleberries. Have you noticed that we've had such a fun summer this year?!
Could you pass this recipe on to your mother. I made it at Grandma's b-day bash and it was a huge hit. She asked me for the recipe, but I don't have her email.
Salsa Dip
1 can of ro-tel tomatoes
3 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp garlic salt
2 avocadoes diced
1 cup chopped onion (I used purple onion and less than a cup)
3/4 to 1 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
cumin to taste
OPTIONAL baby frozen salad shrimp (or cans)....(I've never had it with the shrimp)
Post a Comment