Monday, July 27, 2009

Carpet Cleaner and Job Offers

I'm such a sucker for cleaning product advertisements. Last night while I was lying on the couch attempting to get over a belly ache before bed, I saw a commercial claiming its product could get heavy foot traffic out of carpet. I was instantly mesmerized by this commercial (mainly because my father-in-law is coming for a visit and all I can think about lately is how to impress him, you think carpet with out foot traffic will do it?) upon watching this riviting commercial, I decided I would purchase this Wonder Product right after work. Well actually, right after my hair cut right after work. Anyway, while wandering through Walmart (I don't typically shop there but I knew they'd have my Wonderstick Rug Cleaning Apparatus so I braved the beasties in the parking lot and the throngs of people in the aisles.) Wow, I'm really getting off track with this story... anyway like I was saying, I was milling about Walmart and I ran into my academic advisor from good old USU. We got to talking about summer, work, food saver bags...you know the usual, and he offered me a teaching job up at the university. He said they do not have the class up and running yet but he'd like me to consider teaching an online course for undergraduate COMD students. He said I'd need to pre-record lectures on campus, grade exams, and correspond online with students. I admitted that his offer was a bit intimidating but that I'd consider it. "Professor Stott," has a ridiculous ring to it doesn't it!!

By the way, I'll let y'all know how the Woolite Magic Foaming Stick of Cleanliness works out. Come to think of it, I should have given Brie's mom a ringy ding prior to shelling out my 13 dollars, she knows all when it comes to cleaning products.

Hey, doesn't anyone want to know how my hair cut turned out? It is shorter, thinner, and I feel like I'm damn near bald. Hope I look okay for Jason's wedding next week!

7 comments:

{B} said...

I want to see your new hair damnit!!!

And yes, you should have called my mother...although I don't think she's had the pleasure of this particular cleaning item.

I hear you about dealing with the beasties at Wal Mart...it's like sheer hell.

Professor Stott, wow! I would be totally intimidated by that...but you've got skillz. :D

Leigh said...

My hair isn't drastically different, it just feels different to me.

I'll call your mom the next time I have a cleaning dilemma.

I hate Walmart.

I do not have skills, I've simply got people fooled.

{B} said...

HA HA HA, you do not have people fooled. :)

Is it weird that I want to feel your hair?

Wal Mart = hell.

Leigh said...

Not too weird, my student Andy wanted to feel it a couple of weeks ago. So he did! Greg said he likes my hair cut so I feel okay about it being shorter and thinner.

life in red shoes said...

Professor Stott, I love it! You have worked very hard and deserve every accolade you recieve.
Just for the record, my cleaning days have not been the same since the untimely demise of my favorite radio station :(
And I have a long overdue apology to make. Remember when you came to visit Brie and you had just had your hair cut all funky like? I made some rude off the cuff comment and have regretted it ever since. I think you have the loveliest red hair.

P.S. I have a little housewarming gift for you and Greg...it's getting cold.

Leigh said...

The Breeze 97.9 is no more?!!? I remember coming over to your house on saturdays to visit Brie and seeing you clean your beautiful home from top to bottom while grooving to smooth jazz. I have so many happy memories of my younger days and a number of them involve my dear friend Brie and her family. I remember sleep-overs on the fold-out couch, birthday parties (which usually consisted of Brie and I), disco dancing in the living room, playing in the yard with Maisie and then with Gracie, and gymnastics in the front yard (until you put the kibosh on that!) I remember feeling like part of the family, thank you for that.

Its funny how sensitive we can be about our hair until we realize it is just hair and will always grow back! Thank you for the apology (even though my stylist should have been the one to apologize for that awful hair cut!)

It is funny that you mentioned a housewarming gift because earlier this morning I was thinking about how we still haven't had you guys out to the house. I would love if your family and Brie's little family could come over for a BBQ this summer. This invitation comes with a disclaimer: *Due to the drafty windows, broken garage door opener, and weathered deck, Leigh and Greg (feeling a little too ambitious this summer) have decided to tackle all of these problems at once. Therefore we are now sanding and staining the deck, caulking and painting the trim around the windows, and trying to figure out how the heck you install a garage door opener. Though our home may be in a state of disarray, we are still welcoming any guests who would like to travel the long distance out to Clarkston.*

Lets find a saturday everyone has free (because that isn't hard) and have a little get together.

Tonya Bennett said...

Congrats on the job offer! I'm glad I finally found you...well it wasn't that difficult! Fara told me you won't be able to make it for Grandma's party and I'm sad because I can't remember the last time I saw you! I haven't even met Greg yet! Well at least I can keep up with you on your blog now.