This school year has been pretty, pretty, pretty good...
(I've been catching up on Curb if you couldn't tell)Anyway, as I was saying, it's been a good year so far. I was asked to join a district level assessment and support team for communication devices. I was pretty excited when I was asked to join the team until I attended our first meeting of the year. I was so overwhelmed and intimidated by the new responsibility and the super-amazing members of this team. I thought I had a pretty good knowledge-base when it came to AAC (I mean why would they ask me to join the team unless I did, right?) wrong. Luckily the members are not only super-amazing, they are also really patient. In October the team leader and I got to go to Closing the Gap, the end-all-be-all assistive technology conference in the nation. I was just a little bummed about giving up one of my precious October weekends to fly out for the conference, but it was totally worth it. Not only did I come away with a better understanding of AAC, but I also got to see the Mall of America! This mall is ridiculous. The hotel shuttle bus drive (reliable source right?) told me that if you started at one end of the mall and walked the whole loop back to where you started it would be a mile, and there are four floors. Let me do the math for you 1 mile per floor + four floors = four miles! Also, they have an amusement park, like 12 food courts, theaters, and thousands of shops.
My friend Lisa got married. It was a really beautiful wedding, and she planned the whole thing practically on her own. She arranged the flowers, altered the bride's maid dresses, made all the jewelry, and made these awesome "cake balls" which I gorged myself on at the reception. Lisa asked a few of her close friends to be bride's maids. I really enjoyed meeting all of the people I'd heard so many stories about. One of her friends is afraid of puke just like me! Another friend is a D & D player (oh, you'd better believe I got an invite to my first D & D campaign).

Let's see, what else can I tell you about? We had an awesome Halloween party at my house this year. Check out the costumes.

Don't you wish you were related to my mom so you could have a costume this cool? No, my mom did not make Greg's costume, he put that beauty together himself. We got TONS of trick-or-treaters including my friends Joy, Delsa, and their little-ones. It was a pretty fun night.
Oh, I almost forgot... my quilt got a blue ribbon at the state fair! Joy and I went to the fair together this year. We had a grand time. We saw an enormous alligator, rocked out to some sweet country music, ate a deep fried snickers bar, and visited my quilt. I think I'll go to the fair next year too.
Greg is kicking butt at school and making all the girls in his program hate him. He is incredibly busy so I rarely get to see him (like I said, boring life). The first leg if the program ends in December and Greg gets the entire month of January off. I've already been fantasizing about what we'll do to celebrate his month off. Maybe a trip to lava. We'll soak in the hot pots until all our skin sluffs off, then maybe we'll meander over to the purple moon and visit our delightful hippie friend and have our palms read, ooh and then we'll go to Shawn's market and buy day-old doughnuts and mountain dew. And what trip to lava is complete without playing some bingo and having a burger at the blue moon tavern? We could also get an oil change and go ghost-towning (you're right, that isn't a word but just go with it). Greg and I got a new/old book about ghost towns at an antique store in Logan. I'll bet we could get some cool photos with our ttv device we granny-slapped together. There's also nothing wrong with spending a little time together at home drinking gallons of egg nog while sitting by the wood-burning stove, getting caught-up on Dexter. Ya, January is going to be legendary.
To all nine of my fans and faithful readers out there, I promise it will not be three more months before my next update. Promise.
My friend Lisa got married. It was a really beautiful wedding, and she planned the whole thing practically on her own. She arranged the flowers, altered the bride's maid dresses, made all the jewelry, and made these awesome "cake balls" which I gorged myself on at the reception. Lisa asked a few of her close friends to be bride's maids. I really enjoyed meeting all of the people I'd heard so many stories about. One of her friends is afraid of puke just like me! Another friend is a D & D player (oh, you'd better believe I got an invite to my first D & D campaign).

Let's see, what else can I tell you about? We had an awesome Halloween party at my house this year. Check out the costumes.

Don't you wish you were related to my mom so you could have a costume this cool? No, my mom did not make Greg's costume, he put that beauty together himself. We got TONS of trick-or-treaters including my friends Joy, Delsa, and their little-ones. It was a pretty fun night.
Oh, I almost forgot... my quilt got a blue ribbon at the state fair! Joy and I went to the fair together this year. We had a grand time. We saw an enormous alligator, rocked out to some sweet country music, ate a deep fried snickers bar, and visited my quilt. I think I'll go to the fair next year too.
Greg is kicking butt at school and making all the girls in his program hate him. He is incredibly busy so I rarely get to see him (like I said, boring life). The first leg if the program ends in December and Greg gets the entire month of January off. I've already been fantasizing about what we'll do to celebrate his month off. Maybe a trip to lava. We'll soak in the hot pots until all our skin sluffs off, then maybe we'll meander over to the purple moon and visit our delightful hippie friend and have our palms read, ooh and then we'll go to Shawn's market and buy day-old doughnuts and mountain dew. And what trip to lava is complete without playing some bingo and having a burger at the blue moon tavern? We could also get an oil change and go ghost-towning (you're right, that isn't a word but just go with it). Greg and I got a new/old book about ghost towns at an antique store in Logan. I'll bet we could get some cool photos with our ttv device we granny-slapped together. There's also nothing wrong with spending a little time together at home drinking gallons of egg nog while sitting by the wood-burning stove, getting caught-up on Dexter. Ya, January is going to be legendary.
To all nine of my fans and faithful readers out there, I promise it will not be three more months before my next update. Promise.



3 comments:
Whatever! Your life sounds thrilling compared to my life. Most exciting thing I've done is attend that wonderful Halloween party! Other than that...work...eat...sleep...work...eat...sleep...work...eat...sleep...you get the idea :-)
I agree with Melissa you life is always fun. And the Halloween party was amazing:)
Thanks guys, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Post a Comment